LAST CHANCE TO ENTER THE PITCH COMPETITION
Submission Deadline: Friday 16 August @ 5pm
If you have an innovative business idea and would like to fund it, enter the Annual StartUp Coffs Coast Pitch Competition for your chance to share in up to
in cash and prizes
Innovative ideas are not determined by age! The StartUp Coffs Coast Pitch Competition is open to applicants of all ages. If you have ever had an idea which can solve a problem for an identified group of people, regardless of who you are and what your background is, this is the competition for YOU.
HOW TO ENTER
STEP 1: APPLY BEFORE FRIDAY 16 AUGUST @ 5PM
1. Complete an online Entry Registration HERE >
2. Download the Pitch Entry Criteria HERE >
3. Address the criteria in a video or in writing.
4. Send your video/written submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 2: WORK ON YOUR PITCH UNTIL WEDNESDAY 28 AUGUST
The finalists will be contacted by Tuesday August 20. As a finalist, you will have until Wednesday 28 to prepare your 5-minute pitch presentation. If you need any help with the preparation, take a look at these resources:
1. A PDF presentation on how to structure your pitch HERE >
2. Video examples of great 5-minute pitches HERE >
3. A video on how to give the perfect pitch with TedX speech coach David Beckett HERE >
STEP 3: TAKE THE STAGE ON WEDNESDAY 28 AUGUST
On Wednesday 28 August, you will take the stage to pitch your idea in front of a panel of experts, as well as the StartUp Coffs Coast 2019 audience. The format is simple: pitch for 5 minutes and answer the jury’s questions for an additional 3 minutes. It is all about preparation and practice so you can blow the competition away!
Don’t forget to read the terms and conditions before applying. If you have any questions, just reply to this email.
2019 PRIZE POOL
- $2,500 cash (Youth Category) and $5,000 cash (Open Category) in non-equity seed funding
- $500 voucher for online classes with General Assembly
- 5-week course in Entrepreneurship through University of Newcastle
- Ticket to StartCon 2019 or Ticket to CEBIT 2019
- 6-month virtual membership to Fishburners
- 6 months desk space at the 6 Degrees Coworking @ Coffs Harbour Innovation Hub
- Business Advisory Package from NORTEC Small Business Solutions
- 4-hour Sales Training with Scotty Schindler, CEO and founder of the software startup company ReNet
- Membership to Coffs Harbour Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Membership to Woolgoolga and Northern Beaches Chamber of Commerce
NOT ENTERING THE COMPETITION?
If you are not ready to enter the pitch competition as a competitor, but you would still like to attend in order to support our local entrepreneurs, you can register HERE >.